Did you know:
- There are at least 11 million disabled people in the UK
- Just 8% of disabled people are in a wheelchair
- As many as 20% of adults in the workforce have a disability or impairment
AbilityNet's specialist team provides hundreds of workplace assessments every month and our free resources explain how technology can remove barriers for people with all kinds of disabilities.
Employers have a legal obligation to provide effective reasonable adjustments in recruitment and at work. This is not only the law, it is good practice. It maximises employee potential and provides an inclusive employment experience. HR professionals need to understand the current law about reasonable adjustments and how best to identify and implement the support required by disabled colleagues.
This session gives an outline of:
- Current legal requirements for reasonable adjustments
- Common adjustments recommended by AbilityNet
- Building support systems that increase levels of disclosure and remove barriers.
It is delivered AbilityNet's Head of Digital Inclusion Robin Christopherson and Kate Headley, director of consulting at The Clear Company.