Paul Smyth, Head of IT Accessibility at Barclays, gave a great overview of how the bank uses a three pronged approach to embed inclusive design in all its work:
- Inspiring hearts
- Educating heads
- Enabling hands.
As well as working in-house to support colleagues in every team Barclays has also shared a range of high quality accessibility reference materials which are well worth downloading. These include a poster demonstrating a practical approach to inclusive design as well as a set of Diverse Personas which underpin their user-centred approach to design (download links below).
Paul also played this video about accessibility that was produced by Barclays to mark International Day of Disabled Persons 2016.
- Download a copy of Paul's presentation (PDF 10MB)
- Read all about Barclays' work on Inclusive Design - with links to various downlaods
- Download a copy of Barclays Diverse Personas as a PDF (6MB)
- Download a copy of Barclays Diverse Personas as a text document (50KB)
- Connect with Paul Smyth on LinkedIn
- Follow Paul Smyth on Twitter
- Go back to the main event programme page