Delivering an accessible IT service
Download the Delivering an accessible IT service document to find out more.
Making Computers easier to use
Windows Skillsheets for free download
The latest version of Microsoft Windows has been released and it’s called Windows 7. If you are an old hand to Windows, or if you are completely new to PC’s, there is some learning required!
To help you get the very most out of your initial 7 set up we have created a range of Windows 7 specific skillsheets to help.
As always, these factsheets are free to download.
Skillsheets to download (all in PDF):
- Adding trails to your mouse pointer in Windows 7 (PDF)
- Changing Colours in Windows 7(PDF)
- Changing keyboard settings in Windows 7(PDF)
- Finding Your Mouse Pointer in Windows 7(PDF)
- Magnifying the screen in Windows 7(PDF)
- Making the Mouse Pointer easier to see in Windows 7(PDF)
- Making Text Larger in Windows 7(PDF)
- Making your computer talk using Windows Narrator in Windows 7(PDF)
- Making your mouse left handed in Windows 7(PDF)
- Slowing down your mouse in Windows 7(PDF)
- Speech Recognition in Windows 7(PDF)
- Using Touch in Windows 7(PDF)
- Using Windows on screen keyboard in Windows 7(PDF)
- Using your keyboard one handed in Windows 7(PDF)
- Using your keyboard to control the mouse in Windows 7(PDF)
- Using the accessibility options in Windows Vista (PDF-2.3mb)
- Customising your mouse in Windows Vista (PDF-1.7mb)
- Customsing your display in Windows Vista (PDF-1.1mb)
- Windows Vista - Text or Visual Alternatives for Sounds (PDF-550k)
- Tuning your keyboard in Windows Vista (PDF-1.1mb)
Ubuntu (Linux) Skillsheets
- Changing Colours 652k
- Changing Fonts 606k
- Finding Your Mouse Pointer 566k
- Magnifying Everything 620k
- Making the Mouse Pointer Larger 625k
- Making Text Easier To See 575k
- Making the Keyboard Easier to Use 666k
- Making the Mouse Easier to Use 772k
- Making Your Computer Talk 619k
- Making Your Mouse Left Handed 575k
- Slowing Down the Mouse Double Click Speed 575k
- Slowing Down the Mouse 575k
- Using the Keyboard instead of the Mouse 629k
- Using the Keyboard One Handed 636k
- Using the On-screen Keyboard 692k
My Computer My Way
If you want to know how to slow down your mouse, or get your computer to speak to you visit my computer my way.
Specially created to give you all the information you need to adjust your computer to suit you, including information on some of the special adaptations you can buy.
Factsheets and skillsheets
Our Factsheets cover a range of subjects including assistive technology and approaches, services and organisations, which can help anyone who has a special IT requirement.
Our Skillsheets give a step by step guide to help you better configure your computer and software (assistive technology) to meet your individual requirements.
These documents can be found in the Factsheet Section of our website.
Advice and Information
Call our advice and information service on 0800 269545