The DSA Claim It! campaign offers advice and information about Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) and other university-led adjustments.
This is extra funding and support that can help university students with a wide range of disabilities and extra needs to achieve their full potential. The funding comes from the Government and doesn't have to be paid back - or your university may well be able to offer lots of extra help and support which doesn't require any funding at all.
Many people don't know about the extra support - or are worried about asking for help as they feel it may affect their career opportunities. This campaign provides an easy way to check whether you could be eligible and then links you through to relevant information and extra support.
DSA Claim It! Campaign is supported by:
Why do we need a DSA Claim It campaign?
- It's estimated that in 2017 nearly half the people eligible for DSA did not make a claim.
- For many students the funding from DSA and the extra support from their uni allows them to continue studying, rather than leaving their course.
- Every student deserves the help they need to achieve their true potential.
Three easy ways to support our campaign
- Help us spread the word #ClaimItDSA - share our campaign message
- Share your experience of how DSA has helped you or someone you know
- Stay up to date with the latest news from us - sign up for our newsletter
More information about support for disabled students at University
- For a comprehensive guide to support for disabled people in HE we recommend downloading the Disability Rights UK 'Into HE Guide'
- Use our HE Support Checker to find out if you could be eligible to receive any extra support at university
- Contact your chosen or desired place of study to find out what support they offer
- Or visit the DSA pages on the UK Government website to learn more about the application process.
More information about disability and technology
AbilityNet is a charity that helps disabled people achieve their goals at home, at work and in education.
- Call our Freephone helpline number - 0800 269 545
- Email our Enquiries Team - email@example.com
We know the difference claiming DSA can make to an eligible student struggling with their studies.
Please spread our message - we want to reach eligible students as well as parents, teachers, education advisers and even employers:
- Like our DSA Claim It! campaign Facebook page
- Tweet about our DSA Claim It! campaign to your followers
- Download and share our DSA Claim It! Digital Pack - if you have any issues accessing or using the files please let us know by calling 0800 269 545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a blog post or newsletter article that brings your readers to this page
- If it's relevant to your work, why not see if you can mention our campaign internally or in an outgoing email?
Stay up to date with the latest news about disability and technology
Our newsletter includes information about digital technology and how it can help people with disabilities achieve their goals in education. We will also keep you up-to-date with the latest accessibility news and details of our business and charitable activities, including our DSA Claim It! campaign.
Share your story about how DSA made a difference to your studies and inspire others to check if they're eligible. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.