AbilityNet has a network of friendly disclosure checked ITCanHelp volunteers who offer free computer support to disabled people and older people.
You may have a problem with viruses, need some help installing broadband or be confused about updates or error messages. Our friendly, trustworthy volunteers have relevant IT skills and may be able to help with computer systems, laptops, tablets and even some smartphones.
What can we help with?
Our volunteers can help in all sorts of ways, including:
- choosing equipment to meet your particular needs, with suggestions on computer, adaptations, software or broadband
- helping install and set up new software, arranging settings and adjusting accessibility options
- diagnosing problems, malfunctions, viruses or software updates
- helping you get more form your computer, such as online shopping, video calls to friends, playing music or games....
They can't provide free hardware or software and they will try to help you get the most from your computer – and if they can't help you we can offer independent advice about your best options.
For an idea of what we can do, take a look at some examples of how we've helped people.
How to Request a Home Visit
- Use the Home Visit Request Form to tell us what you need and we'll try to find a suitable volunteer. We can't guarantee to find someone immediately, but will do all we can to respond rapidly.
- Or call our Freephone Helpline on 0800 269 545 (Freephone and Minicom)
- Or send an email to email@example.com
We take your privacy seriously and will never share the information you provide with anyone outside AbilityNet without your permission.
We are always happy to explain what we do and and answer any of your questions. If you want to know more about what we offer please get in touch.
Please note that AbilityNet cannot accept liability for the work performed by our volunteers – if you are in any doubt about the ability of the chosen volunteer to address your need, please ask them to stop work, then call us back to discuss your concern.