PLEASE NOTE: This event is now full, but you can use the form below to be added to our mailing list.
AbilityNet is co-hosting a special event about accessible smart cities in London in November. Organised in partnership with G3ict, World Enabled, and Microsoft this invitation-only roundtable discussion will convene local and global leaders to discuss digital inclusion and accessible Smart Cities.
How Can Technology Promote a More Inclusive and Accessible London?
- Accessible Smart Cities Round Table
- Monday November 28, 2016
- British Computer Society, London
The event provides an opportunity to develop and share useful information on making Smart City services accessible to all. In particular we'll be looking at how we can use digital technologies to develop special services for older people and people with disabilities to enhance their safety, health care, participation in social, economic and cultural life, employment and civic activities such as voting.
The event is part of a global programme which aims to create the knowledge base needed to effectively embed accessibility and innovative assistive services into Smart Cities programs worldwide. Once completed, resources could include:
- Guiding principles for the planning and development of accessible Smart Cities programs
- Model policies for Smart Cities programs to adopt for ensuring a commitment to accessibility
- Inventory of relevant accessibility technical standards
- Database of accessible Smart Cities solutions and a platform to share best practices and transfer knowledge
- Catalogue of Smart Cities indicators and metrics
- Capacity building programs for city officials, CIOs, and technology leaders
Stay in touch
The event is now full but if have an interest in this topic please use the form below to be added to our mailing list.