Accessibility 2.0: a million flowers bloom
Download the podcasts, transcripts and summaries of Accessibility 2.0 presentations!
Many thanks to all our contributors and everyone who attended the event.
We finally have the podcasts of the conference fully transcripted! With approximately seven hours of footage it's taken a while for our busy team to prepare.
What's happened since the conference
Bringing together passionate experts in a field where there are few cut and dry rules can lead to heated discussion. Since the conference has led to several interesting developments:
- A heated exchange between Jeremy Keith and Mike Isofarro Davies has resulted in ongoing debate about the accessibility of Microformats, hopefully it will lead to an accessible solution
- What are the accessibility concerns with microformats? the BBC's Jonathan Hassel explains
- Christian Heilmann developed EasyYouTube, a YouTube player for people with learning disabilities as a direct response to Antonia Hyde's presentation on Rich Media for people with learning disabilities
- Christian gets fantastic feedback - EasyYouTube also works with screen readers and schoolkids use it to access YouTube
- Following on from this success Chris developed EasySlideShare and EasyFlickr
- Christian has taken the idea further by organising Scripting Enabled - an accessibility hack day
We plan to host Accessibility 2.0 again in Spring 2009. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to receive updates.